6/28/11

Gardening and Zoo

We've been a little, no A LOT, frustrated with our garden this year because the squirrels keep eating our tomatoes! We have attempted to catch them in action and use a BB gun with no success. The crazy thing is they eat them while they are green so we don't even have a chance to pick them. Oh well, we've got plenty of green beans to make up for it. The Lees went out and filled a bag for us to enjoy!


 Sweet Lee 3 picked me flowers from our garden too. He thought they smelled great!

 Daddy had his weekly day off so we went to the zoo as a family. It was nice because it wasn't very crowded and we all enjoyed seeing the animals. Daddy hadn't been since the new Safari section opened.

 Ellis chilled in the stroller like a princess with her very own fan! If you don't have one of these, it's amazing. I ordered it from OneStepAhead and it's not very expensive. It definitely makes the heat more bearable for little ones! It clips on carseats, strollers, etc. I probably got stopped 10 times and asked where I bought it.
 As always, Lee 3 had to ride the tiger on the carousel too!

3 comments:

Arlene G said...

That fan is great! As to the tomatoes, I noticed some people around her have wire wrapped around their plants...just screen wire, you might try it.

Unknown said...

That SMILE! Ellis' smile is super infectious. What a cutie pie. So fun to catch up on your summer fun.

The Bailes said...

I love the fan idea...I'm getting one too! Have you tried the following for pests: have the Lees pee around the garden, hahaha...sprinkle hair around the garden (another gross one!) and then there's something called, "invisible fence" good luck!