10/12/10

Fun in Colorado

As I mentioned before, for my birthday, Lee bought me a ticket to Denver for me to visit my best friend, Emily. It was such a great surprise and a fun visit. Lee 3 had a blast with the Smith boys, especially Jacob. I think he liked having someone bigger to wrestle and push around :) He and Huddy weren't quite sure about each other, but played pretty well. We had beautiful weather most days so were able to get out quite a bit. You should've seen us cruising around Denver in the minivan with 3 toddlers and an infant...quite the sight! We spent time at the zoo and neighborhood parks, the mall with gigantic Looney Tunes characters for climbing, the Smith's favorite donut shop for a special breakfast treat, watching Jacob play soccer, and even went to Bass Pro our last afternoon when it was rainy and cold. Sweet little Ella was toted around everywhere and was such a trooper. Em was really sweet and took me out one night for a birthday dessert...nothing beats yummy Cheesecake Factory. Thanks, Em for hosting us. We loved seeing all of you!!
































Em took some other really good pictures so I'll probably add to this once she sends them to me.

5 comments:

The Bailes said...

Man, I'm bummed that I just barely missed all that fun! You ladies look so pretty!

Anonymous said...

soooo fun!!!

Danielle and Aaron said...

Looks like the boys had a great time! So glad you got to go!

Emily said...

It was so awesome having you here, Mere! Thanks again Lee for sending them!

Sorry I haven't sent you pics yet - I'll try to do that soon. :)

smithec said...

So cute, Mere! I love seeing all of the boys together!! I'm sure it was a blast watching them play. What a special trip from a thoughtful hubby!