5/18/10

Using a spoon!

Lee has been trying to use a spoon on and off for a few months. I've kind of been avoiding foods that require a spoon because he wouldn't let me feed him and tried to do it himself pretty unsuccessfully and messily and then get mad when I tried to help him. Well, I figured it was time I got over my "neat freak" problem and just let him go for it. How else is he going to learn?!? To my surprise, he's done really well and this morning he just about fed himself his whole bowl of oatmeal. Although he doesn't get much on the spoon and tends to turn it upside down in his mouth, he's getting the hang of it. I keep praising him and telling him he's doing a good job and he grins and I can tell he's really proud of himself. I'm proud of him too!

Using the right hand...



Using the left hand...



Towards the end he gave up and decided it would be faster just to use his hands!


4 comments:

The Abram Family said...

Love it, the spoon was a big challenge for us too!

Arlene G said...

Yes we have a messy boy at our family night dinners as well. But like you said, we have to let them learn.

Stephanie said...

way to go Lee!

The Spann's said...

that's awesome! he's growing up so quick!