12/12/09

New hat

Those of you that know me well know that I'm not the most stylish girl :) I usually don't keep up with all of the latest trends...BUT, I love these beret hats that are popular right now and decided to make one. I used some random yarn that I had laying around and here's the finished product. I think it turned out pretty cute!

I think I'll make the next one a little less "slouchy" but this will work for now. Plus, it fits a little looser so it doesn't mess up my hair like a regular beanie hat so I can wear it out more :-)
I do think this little guy makes a better model though, don't you?!? :)
Not phased at all by the hat...just keeps playing!
Is it strange that it almost fits him around the front??? Gosh, my boy has a big noggin!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I love it, Mere! It looks so cute on you. Good job.

Mary Beth said...

Oh, I am VERY impressed with your handy work!! Hope y'all are doing well! Can't wait to see you!!

The Abram Family said...

So impressed, that is so cute!

The Bailes said...

Mere...that hat is soooo cute! I can't believe you just "threw it together" with yarm around the house! ;) So talented and you DO look super-stylish!

Elizabeth B. said...

Love the hat and wish I had the talent to make one! Those hats are the only way I survive these DC winters!