1/19/09

Last Days

Friday was my last day at work and it was a little harder saying bye than I thought it would be. While I'm soooo excited and blessed to be able to stay at home with baby Lee, I am a little sad to be done with work. I've loved being a PA and my job in the ICU for the past year and a half was great! It feels a little weird to be done with that part of my life...at least for the near future. Fortunately, I can always go back down the road when all of the kiddos are a little older. Now, I am home and trying to enjoy my last days of peace and quiet :-) I've still felt pretty good, just not able to sleep as well with Lee moving around and occasional contractions. I go to the doctor tomorrow for 39 WEEK check-up. I'm really hoping for some good news!! Please keep praying for us in the home stretch!

14 comments:

Katie Wigton said...

Good luck!! I can't wait to hear your news!! -Katie Wigton

The Faulkner Family said...

I'll be thinking about you! Take it easy and rest up these next few days! Have him this week so I can come and see him! :) Good luck!!!

Arlene G said...

So glad that you are able to be home with the baby..those are days that you only get once!! Take it easy and we look forward to hearing of Lee3's arrival.

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

Praying all is well with you and baby Lee these last few days! Congrats on your new job....SAHM :-) That's the beauty of our profession...you can always go back!

Can't wait to see pics of your sweet lil' man!

Hayley B said...

I will be thinking about you today! Let us know what they say! I would love to come and see you and baby lee when I move to Alabama!

Renee Westcott said...

Wow- the time has come! Enjoy every second you have until the baby arrives. I wish I were close enough to bring by some meals for your freezer! Can't wait to hear the news that you're in labor.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how the appointment went!!

smithec said...

Wow. I'm not sure if that comment above is a joke or not, but Mere, I applaud you (and Lee) for your decision to stay at home. You are going to be a wonderful mother and an incredible influence on little Lee - these next few years with him will be precious and I guarantee you won't ever look back with regret and wish that you were working instead of training up your child in the way of the Lord. Bottom line - you're about to start the job of a lifetime and I'm so excited for you!

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

Hey girl....

There is an option in your settings to 'do not allow anonymous comments'....

If you can't find it, I'll change it for you!

Meredith said...

Anonymous- thanks but no thanks. While I respect that you have your own opinion, I'm disappointed that you feel you have to go around commenting on strangers' blogs to express these opinions. I'm excited about the journey God has for me!

Stacey said...

Don't let "Anonymous' rain on your parade!

I think you are getting a promotion--staying home with your child. What a rewarding experience! Enjoy your journey. Being a Mom is such a joy and a precious gift from God. You are truly blessed.

I can't wait to see the little guy---I must admit, I check your blog daily to see if he has arrived! Praying for a smooth transition and delivery!

Much Love,
Stacey

Emily said...

What is up with that "anonymous" person?! Yuck!
Love you, Mere and can't wait for the call.

The Ulrickson Fam said...

I missed the anonymous comment!!?? So sorry! What were they rambling about?

Sarah W said...

I missed the anonymous comment too -- but it sounds like a really insecure person who needed to insult you to make themselves feel better. Mere -- you're wonderful!!