11/22/08

Poor Mama

Earlier this week, my mom fell down some brick stairs and broke her leg. She did a nice job on it too...broke it in 5 places!! Fortunately, she did not have any other injuries. We are thankful! She had surgery on Wednesday and was released to go home today. She's feeling so much better being at home and my dad is taking good care of her :-) She has a long recovery ahead but is already doing great with her exercises. I know she wants to be ready to move around when her grandson arrives!! Please pray for her as she deals with the pain and discomfort of not only rehabbing a broken leg, but also being stuck at home not able to go anywhere. Any of you who know my mom know that she is always out and about :-) Thanks, friends!

6 comments:

Arlene G said...

Meredith, please tell your mom the Decatur Grimms will be praying for her. I know she was so upset. Hopefully she will be on the mend when Baby Lee arrives.

The Abram Family said...

Oh no! That's a total bummer! Please tell her we are praying for her.

Emily said...

I've been praying for her. I know she's probably really annoyed about not being able to get up and around, especially during this time of year. I know your Dad will be taking great care of her though. :)

Renee Westcott said...

Ugh, what a stinky way to have to go through the holidays. We'll be praying for fast and complete healing.

Stacey said...

Meredith, we know all to well about these broken bones with my mom! So we definately wish your mom a speedy recovery. Get Well Meredith's mommy! Happy Thanksgiving!

Danielle and Aaron said...

I am so sorry to hear about that! She is definitely in our prayers for a fast recovery. My goodness, surgery?!? You Ellis' sure know how to do it right, don't you?!?!