The "man-cave" is what we've been calling the basement throughout this whole process. Although I'm really excited to have a laundry room and another place to relax, it is truly the perfect hangout for Lee. We're coming into the home stretch and I can't wait for it to be finished!! Only the carpet is left and hopefully they will come install it within a week. Plus, once it is finished, we will move everything out of the study into the new "study area" downstairs and I will have a clean slate to work on the nursery! Here is a slideshow with some old and new pictures of our new space.
My parents also came in town last weekend and brought us a huge couch and 2 oversized chairs to put in the basement. Right now, they have taken up residence in the garage until the carpet is installed. We're so thankful and blessed to have generous parents who are quickly willing to help out! Always good to have extra furniture lying around :-)
Saturday, Lee and my dad went to Best Buy to check out TV's while my mom and I went to the Summit (a huge outdoor shopping mall). There were no complaints from us except that it felt like it was 100 degrees outside and we were hot and tired from shopping and still no word from the guys. Guess we shouldn't have been surprised! We went to CPK and had an appetizer and some lemonade...so yummy...while we waited to hear from them. Lee finally called and said he had found a great TV and sound system and was getting a special deal. He sounded so excited how could I say no?!? It was a successful day of shopping for all of us and now we have all the components for a perfect entertainment center in the garage as well...hurry up carpet people! Lee has been dying to set it all up and I'm sure once the carpet is in he will have no problem sacrificing sleep until it's all ready to go :-) Stay tuned for more pictures once the MAN CAVE is complete!
8/5/08
Man Cave Part 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE IT!! It looks beautiful! When we thought about buying a house here & looked around I would have died if one had a basement as nice as yalls! Glad its all almost done & you can do the nursery now!
Yay for Lee's Man Cave! :) It really looks awesome. I can't wait to see pictures of it all totally finished. Better yet - I can't wait to see it in person in December.
It looks great. I understand Lee's need for the media room. We have a picture of him when he was about 10 and he was visiting us and he is in the recliner with a remote in each hand!lol!! One was for the tv and one for the vcr. I think our family was more into watching tv than the Dallas Grimms were.
Wow! Looks like you are almost finished! The cave looks great! Perfect for when baby comes- I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl! We are in Seaside from Sept 6-13th..I should come visit you if you are there then and close!
Post a Comment