Last night, I went with some girls from church to Sips n Strokes. An artist in Birmingham started doing this awhile ago and now there are 5 locations. So what is it? It's basically an art class (but much less serious) where you meet and learn to paint a certain painting. Everyone there is painting the same thing with the instructor at the front telling us what to do. They provide the canvas, paint, and brushes. You just bring your own beverage...whatever is your favorite...and sip while you stroke. It was so much fun!!! I haven't painted since I was in jr high or high school and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. It was so therapeutic and relaxing...a great way to wind down after the day! I had to push aside my type-A for a night and just enjoy painting without worrying if I was doing it perfectly; but, I must say that I was proud of my finished product. Though not something you'll ever see in a gallery, you may stumble upon it in my house one day. :-) We're hoping to go again sometime!! Here are some pics from the evening:
Kellye and me sippin' and strokin'
Robin and Leah posing proudly with their work
Half-way there
The finished productSara, sorry I didn't include the picture of you. They guy behind you in the picture was picking his teeth...nasty!
5 comments:
THATS AWESOME!!!! I want to go to one of those!! And you did a fab job painting!!
HOW FUN!?!? Okay, when I come visit you in B-town, I definitely want to go do that!!
It turned out awesome - you absolutely should hang that up in your house. It totally matches your colors. :)
What fun! I've wanted to go do that :)
I know, Em! I thought about you the whole time! Would be fun to do when you visit :-)
This looks so fun!!!
Post a Comment