1/14/08

Girl Time

Friday night I went on the women's retreat with my church. I wasn't sure how it would be since I only knew a few people at church, but it was wonderful! I got to spend time meeting and talking with tons of women who all go to our church. We stayed up late drinking coffee (decaf) and eating tons of junk food...so much fun just being girls! It was so great to hear their hearts and find so many other girls with the same interests, struggles, joys, etc. Our church has a fairly young crowd too so it's pretty easy to connect with those who are in the same phase of life. We spent time talking about our hopes for this year in our personal/family lives and also for our church as we start a new time with a new pastor. It was so encouraging and uplifting just being around them and I already feel like I made some new friends. God is good! He provides the people we need to walk with in community. He is slowly knitting us into this community and each day it feels more like home :-)

Lee and I also officially joined our church this Sunday which was so great. I've heard it said before, but it is really true that once you make a true commitment to a church, you can't help but love it. We are so excited about where God is leading our church and are thrilled to "officially" be a part of it.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Mere, I'm so glad you had a good time. It makes such a difference in a new place to find a good group of girls to share fellowship with. We are just on the brink of that here (finally!). Miss you!!!