Gosh, that sounds old! I had a great birthday this year...despite having to work a long 12 hour day. I came home to find 2 beautiful bouquets of flowers, one in the living room and one in
the bedroom. They were stargazing lilies and gladiolas which are my favorites! Lee bought them all fresh and arranged them himself...I was so impressed! We had reservations at a restaurant near our house called Little Savannah. We always drive past it and loved the quaint look so I had made a special request :-) Dinner was amazing! The food was wonderful and the atmosphere made us feel like we were back in Europe, pretty unique for
Alabama! Shelby (our lab) was my early birthday present, but Lee got me a little something extra to open at dinner: 3 cards (one from Gus and Shelby, a funny one, and a romantic one) and the book Marley and Me. For those of you who haven't heard of it or read it, it's a great book for dog lovers of all kind, but especially those with labs. It was a perfect complement to my real gift :-)
We had a great dinner talking and enjoying good food, two of our favorite things to do together. It was a special birthday and I have my husband to thank for making it so memorable.
1 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday Mere! What a sweet husband; dinner, flowers, cards, book and a lab! You look great. Miss you.
Post a Comment