7/15/11

Cousins Beach Trip

We went to the beach with Lanny, Mary and the twins, and Sarah and Rob and boy was it interesting! 5 kids under 2 1/2 is fun, in a chaotic, exhausting way! Lee and Ellis were perfect travelling both ways but decided to wake up a little earlier than usual all week. Ellis, my great sleeper, was up by 6 most mornings and Lee kept his usual 5:15-5:30 act going. I will say that they did great sleeping in the same room, which they had never done before. I just put sound machines by both of them so they didn't hear anything. We made it out to the beach early in the morning before it got too crowded and too hot. Ellis usually didn't last very long so I'd take her back to the condo while the other kids stayed and played. We went to the pool a couple times too. The cousins all had a blast playing together! Overall, we had fun but all the mommies realized we need extra hands next time! We're going to Tybee Island in September with all the Grimms and hubbies too so I'm sure it will be a little easier then :)
Here are tons of pictures!
Lanny with Lila, Christen, and Lee

 Ellis and Rob playing on the blanket
 Trying to nap in the tent but too hot :( Poor baby was so red!
 Sarah and Rob


 Our set up on the beach
 Lanny loving on the youngest cousins
 Precious face
 Christen and Lila playing on deck
The kids had fun saying "hi" and waving to all the golfers. I'm sure they appreciated that as they were trying to putt!


 Christen and her crazy morning hair
 Lila's beautiful baby blues

 Boy cousins at the beach
 Lee teaching Rob to play on Lanny's iphone
 Attempt at group pic :)
 Ellis and Rob love each other! They squeal and grab at each other. It's so cute!

 Lee showed the girls how to play with his cars.


 Cute ponytail on Christen
 Now for a series of pictures. We couldn't believe they all sat on the blanket...just couldn't seem to get them to all look at the same time. Ellis smiled through the entire photoshoot!




 Ellis lost her balance and face planted in the sand so she was hysterical for the next pictures.

She finally calmed down for one more pic with mommy. Lee was pouting and wouldn't take one with me.
 Mary and her girls
 Sarah and Rob
Only way Lee would take picture with me is if I played in the water with him. I love these candid moments anyway!
 Serious Rob, usually smiley but we couldn't get one out of him no matter what we did!
 Ellis eating/kissing Rob
 Sweet cousins, just 1 month apart!

3 comments:

Danielle and Aaron said...

those pics are all so great! I love that they have matching outfits. I am so jealous of your many beach vacations this summer to places with beautiful water.

Arlene G said...

Looks like the kiddos had a great time together!

Anonymous said...

How fun to have so many cousins the same age!