Sorry I've been absent from the blogging world. It's been a little crazy around here! Some of you already know that I had kidney stones this past week and had 2 trips to the hospital, one in Memphis. I'm feeling much better now and catching up quickly so I'm just going to do one big post for all of the last week.
Lee, Lee 3, and I drove up to Memphis last Friday with plans to attend his cousin's wedding that Saturday. Well, Saturday around lunch time I started having bad back pain and within about 30 minutes was in the bathroom sick and in terrible pain. Lee and his dad drove me to the hospital and I was admitted with assumed kidney stones. I have never been so miserable! Once they got me really doped up on pain medicine I felt much better :) I was discharged Sunday morning because we all thought I had passed the stone. I was glad to get to go to the Grimms' house because I really wanted to see my nieces and was going to be so sad if I missed them for the stupid trip to the hospital. We had a big breakfast and just hung out that morning and then Lee 3 and I went back to my parents house to relax while daddy drove back to Birmingham. Here are a few pictures from the morning:
Christen showing off for the camera
That afternoon, Pops and Emme took Lee to the park while I rested at home.
My mom drove us home Monday and left that afternoon to go her friends' house and stay the night before driving down to Destin for the week (they just got a condo!). I was feeling okay, just tired and sore. Well, I woke up Tuesday morning early with bad back pain again and knew what was happening. Lee had already left for work so I called my sweet friend Laura who woke up her son, Noah, and came to pick us up. Lee and Noah thought it was so fun being in the car together in their pj's and barefoot. It was pretty cute even though I was just trying not to get sick in her car :) Lee had already called the women's hospital and told them I was coming so they got me in really fast. I had called my mom earlier and told her to come back so she got here pretty quickly and was able to take Lee 3 home. Lee got off work for the day and stayed with me while they gave me lots of pain medicine and IV fluids and tried to keep me comfortable. I finally passed the stone and was discharged Thursday. It took me a couple days to get back to normal but fortunately I had my mom, then Lee's mom here to help. By the end of the weekend, I felt pretty good, minus a bad cold I came down with. Guess there's always something! Thanks to Emme and Lanny for helping so much!
Lanny and Lee had fun playing at the park.
Daddy even met us after work to play for a little bit. Lee loved runnin in the field kicking the ball.
Lee has new favorite chore-taking out the garbage. He drags the bag through the house, out the front door, and all the way down the sidewalk. Then he says "more?" and wants to do it again. So cute!!
Enjoying a plum for a snack.
Lee's favorite spot to sit and read or watch a video :) Shelby is the perfect floor pillow!
Sorry for the super long post but now I'm caught up! Thanks for sticking with me :)
6 comments:
So glad you're doing better. We need to get together soon!
Ick! I'm glad you passed it and you're all better. I LOVE the picture of Lee taking out the trash.
So glad you are feeling better. You look great!
I'm so sorry you had to go through that :( Glad you are feeling better.
(I LOVE the pictures you always post of Lee and Shelby, they are so cute!)
Mere, sooooo sorry you had to go through that! I had one too when I was pregnant and have never felt that bad in my life. Glad that you are better now!
So glad you are doing well....what a wild ride. I was looking to be sure Lanier did not have her Iphone at the park with Lee 3!lol!!
Post a Comment