3/1/10

Girls' Weekend

This past weekend, we had our annual Girls' Weekend...this was our 7th one!! Kelly hosted us in Houston and did an amazing job. The theme was "I've Never" and we did several activities and earned patches for things that most of us had never done. (Don't let your imaginations go wild...we kept it clean!) Everyone arrived Thursday night and we got our gift bags that Kelly made to look like cupcakes...too cute! She even had t-shirts made for us, a first for Girls' Weekend!


Friday morning we had our first activity, a tour of the Blue Bell ice cream factory. It was really cool seeing how they make it, but more fun eating it after the tour.


That afternoon we went to a karate studio for a self defense class...probably the funniest thing we did all weekend! While I'm sure the instructor didn't think many of us were taking him seriously, I did learn a lot and feel a little better being out alone, especially if I have my Sharpie in hand ;)

Saturday morning, I taught the girls how to crochet. It was so much fun and I was excited they really got into it. We worked on matching beanie hats so hopefully everyone can finish theirs for future girls' weekends! That afternoon, we went to Water 2 Wine where we tasted several wines and then voted on our favorite white and red. We got to sterilize the bottles and fill, cork, and foil them to take home! Em small made beautiful labels honoring our GW 2010 so we have a great souvenir...at least until we drink it :)


That night, Kelly's Aunt Barbie hosted us at her house for a nice sit down dinner. We all wore old bridesmaids or formal dresses, something we have never done, and even had an awards ceremony. We had all previously voted on various superlatives for each cupcake and I won "most athletic". We received a giant yummy cupcake as our award!


I love my girls and all of our silly pictures! We have so much fun together and I can't wait for next year...GW 2011 in Alabama!
Thanks again, Kel, for such an amazing weekend!!!

2 comments:

Deanna Daigle said...

Looks like you girls had fun!! I want to learn to crochet!!!!!!!!!

The Bailes said...

We had SOOOOOOOO much fun, didn't we?! I loved seeing everyone's dresses :)