3/30/10

The Big 3-0!!

This year I made Lee's birthday present! I've never done that before, but I got this idea over Girls' Weekend...thanks, Kate!! We love the game of washers, played a lot when we lived in TX, and I thought it would be something fun for us to have. I found instructions online and while I was in Memphis, my dad went with me to Lowes to get the supplies. It was such a fun project to do together and I definitely don't think I could've made them by myself. Thanks, Pops!! I decided to paint them to represent Lee's 2 favorite teams, the Memphis Tigers and Dallas Cowboys. Fortunately, their colors are very similar so the set looks great together! I even found gray outdoor carpet to put inside the boxes instead of the green astroturf. I'm all about things matching :) We found blue and white rope for the handles and I put latches on the sides so you can hook the boxes and carry them. I spray painted half the washers blue and left the other half silver. I love the way they turned out and Lee was so impressed, which makes it even better :) There are several different ways to make them, but here's the link to the pattern I used- WASHER GAME
Lee surprised with his gift





To celebrate Lee's 30th birthday, we headed to the lakehouse for the weekend. He had just finished his night float rotation that Friday morning so we packed up the car and headed out early. I drove, of course, while both of my Lees slept in the car :) It was so great to get away and have some good family time! Sarah and Trent came too along with another resident friend of ours, Kate and Justin. Unfortunately, the weather did not really cooperate so we weren't outside much but still had fun hanging out together. Lee and Justin did do some fishing which is always Lee's top priority :) The fish were biting too! I did a really bad job at taking pictures...so disappointed with myself because I've gotten so much better, especially with "bigger" occasions. Oh well! Here's just a few pics.


Lee 3 loves the pool table, by far his favorite place to play at the lakehouse!



Blueberry pancake birthday breakfast!

5 comments:

smithec said...

how fun! i'm super impressed with the homemade washers. you did such a great job! can't believe that all of our next birthdays are the big three zero. wow.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job Mere!!

Arlene G said...

Please tell Lee Happy 30! ( I always remember how old Lee is as he and Amelia were born the same yr!) Maybe you should market those gifts!! You did a great job...love the pix of Lee3, esp the one from Memphis where he is waking up Mr Barry. Just precious. Happy Easter.

The Bailes said...

That is awesome that you made the washers set! What a handy gal!

Emily said...

Happy {belated} Birthday, Lee!
Mere, you did an awesome job on that washers set. Way to go!