8/28/08

Yummy Okra

As most of you know (or have seen on our blog), Lee and I have a vegetable garden this year. We had success with some veggies and not so much with others but we definitely have plenty of tomatoes to go around! We didn't think the okra were doing so well, but Lee went out to check on the garden a couple nights ago and saw that there were tons of okra. For those of you not from the south, who don't watch Paula Deen on Food Network, or who have never eaten at Cracker Barrel, okra is a vegetable most often served fried :-) I had never done it before, but decided it couldn't be that hard. I mean, how bad can fried food taste anyway, right!?!? I found a recipe for a batter in one of my cookbooks and before we knew it we had yummy fried okra...and I mean really yummy...not to toot my own horn too much :-) So enough rambling about the fried okra (Alabama hasn't gotten to us that much, I promise), here are a few pics of my proud creation.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go, Mere! Looks yummy.

Arlene G said...

Meredith, You need some creamed corn and sliced tomatoes to go with that okra!!lol...That is how my mom always made it. Loved seeing the pictures of LMG3.

Renee Westcott said...

I luuuuuuuuuuv fried okra! My mouth is watering.

Anonymous said...

good job, mere! mom has now caught up on your blog, too, and is impressed with the cave! your okra looks "deenish"! have fun at lakehouse!