3/18/08

Past 2 weeks

Sorry it's been a couple weeks since I posted anything...other than my b-ball post last night. :-) I've decided that I'm a binge blogger. You know, I have a couple weeks of consistent blogging and then nada, but doesn't that reflect life? Waves of busyness and relaxation, exciting things and everyday life things. So the last couple weeks have been more of the everyday life things and it takes a lot of creativity to think of something to blog about. Plus, Lee is on night float (which means he goes to work at 5 pm and comes home around 7 am the next morning) 5 days a week. Needless to say, we haven't been doing a whole lot recently...just trying to spend as much time together as we can :-)

Here's a go at what I've been up to the past 2 weeks:

1. Crochet- my new hobby. Thanks to Lanny and Jeff (Lee's mom and brother) They were great teachers! I'm about half-way through a throw and can't wait to see the finished product so I can start on another project!





2. Exercise- We have a great gym with classes that I love and it's so nice to have the time to go when I'm off work. Can I also say that I love daylight savings?!? It's so great to have a couple hrs of daylight after work so I can go run outside and take Shelby on walks. It's her favorite new thing and has definitely learned the word "walk" now...we have to be careful what we say :-)

3. Work- not much else to say about that. I still really enjoy my job, but getting up at 4 a.m. gets old after a few days. Can you believe Lee does it 6 days a week? Yikes!

4. Babysit- One of our good friends here has a 4 month old, Henry, who I love! It's so fun to go watch him and take him on walks while she cleans the house, runs errands, etc. One of Lee's fellow interns has 3 month old twin girls who I also babysat last week with a friend. It was fun! Guess that's what happens when your husband is working nights :-)



5. TV- though I try not to just sit and vegg in front of the TV while Lee's working, I do have to admit that I usually have it on...mostly for noise while I'm crocheting.

Otherwise, cleaning, cooking, and laundry have occupied the rest of my time. Just less than 2 weeks to go before I have my hubby back at night!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

i am so glad to see that henry made the post! and we are both so thankful that you love spending time with me & henry!

Emily said...

yeah for crocheting! :)