I have to say that this Christmas is going to be very different from any other we have experienced. In years past, the hype would begin sometime in early December with shopping and making plans to go home to see our families. Of course, last year was even a little more hyped up because our wedding was only 5 days after Christmas. What fun we had and we're so thankful that we've been able to see our families every year for Christmas! There is just something about going home, having mom's wonderful meal, sitting around with family opening gifts, reading the Christmas story, and relaxing all afternoon. I will definitely miss it! When all of that is gone, it makes me ponder, what is Christmas?
This year, Lee and I are working this week and don't have vacation time to go home and see our families. At first, I was sad becasue I can't remember the last time either one of us was away from home for Christmas, but the more I've thought about it, the more excited I get. It is our first real Christmas together, first in our new home, and will be just the 2 of us (my parents are coming down the day after Christmas to stay a couple days so we won't be completely family-deprived). Without some of the hustle and bustle, I think it will be a little easier to remember that Christmas really is a celebration of our Savior coming into the world to overwhelm us with His love and pour out His grace on all of us! Now don't get me wrong, I love my family and assuming we have vacation next Christmas, we will definitely go back home :-), but I think that the Lord has allowed some of those distractions to be removed this year in order to help me see more clearly Jesus. I often have to be smacked in the face to get something :-) I hope you all have a great time with family and friends and remember that Jesus really is the reason we celebrate this day and every other day of the year.
Have a blessed Christmas!
12/23/07
Real Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hey mere - this is the first christmas i'll be away from "my family" because we are in san antonio right now until we go back to work on wednesday. It will be strange, but good because there will be 7 kids tearing through gifts tomorrow....I don't have that on my side of the family....so change IS GOOD. God is good. Merry Christmas, enjoy your time with Lee this week!
Post a Comment