As Thanksgiving quickly approaches...tomorrow...I am starting my food prep tonight. Lee has to work so we are staying home and having Thanksgiving dinner with just the two of us. I'm actually really excited about it because I get to cook my first official holiday meal, not just go home and eat all of my mom's great food, though I've already called her several times for a couple recipes. I think I have a pretty good menu planned for us so hopefully it will feel like a normal thanksgiving meal...just might be a little quieter!
Here's what I have planned- we'll see how it goes:
- smoked turkey and gravy (wasn't quite ready to take on the turkey challenge)
- dressing (a southern tradition)
- corn casserole (my absolute favorite!)
- green bean casserole (great recipe from Better Homes & Garden)
- sweet potatoes
- fresh cranberry sauce
- rolls
- homemade pumpkin pie (not by me, but Lee's dad)
- caramel cake (Lee's favorite)
We're sure to have leftovers which we love!! Hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving!
3 comments:
I bet it turns out wonderfully! I can't wait to hear!
That all sounds yummy! I hope you took pictures! My mouth is watering thinking about corn caserole.
Good for you- I have yet to cook a full holiday meal and am still a bit intimidated... can't wait to hear how it went. I am sure it was delicious. Your back yard is beautiful! What amazing colors. Glad you had fun in Denver.
Post a Comment