This year Lee and I decided to carve a pumpkin...actually Lee's the one who thought of it and went to store and bought the pumpkin. Neither one of us have made a Jack O'Lantern since we were kids, but thought it would be fun to have one on our porch this year. Lee designed and carved it all by himself...who knew I had such an artistic husband! The only thing I did was attempt to help him roast the pumpkim seeds, which I must confess did not turn out. We overcooked them just a little :-) There is a lot of discussion in the Christian arenas this time of year about whether or not to celebr
ate Halloween. I remember trick or treating as a kid, but otherwise have never been one for a big Halloween celebration (mostly because I can never think of a good costume, but also just haven't gotten into it much). I do love seeing all the kids dressed up like princesses, ballerinas, various animals, super heroes, etc. For your reading pleasure, there's a very good article by John MacArthur, which I think helps put things in perspective, especially if you have kids. Either way, Halloween is a night, not unlike any other, where we have an opportunity to love people around us...even an open invitation to knock on doors and meet new faces:-)
10/29/07
Jack O'Lantern
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute pumpkin!
That was a great article, Mere. Thanks for sharing it. :)
I am impressed with your pumpkin too- I must confess I am terrible at carving them. I too like seeing all the costumes and the 'happy' part of Halloween- I am not a fan of the 'dark' stuff/decorations- aside from religious feelings, I just think it is tacky.
Post a Comment