10/16/07

That Good Ol' Baylor Line


So, I just got the Baylor Line magazine in the mail and there is a whole section on Homecoming which is the first weekend in November. It made me really sad because I won't be there...not that I've been that consistent in going since I graduated. I think I went the first 2 years and have missed the past few. I started thinking back on my times at Baylor and how much fun homecoming always was. Everyone's families came in town...we all went to the bonfire Friday night...had a pep rally for our football team (though frequently in vain)...Pigskin (my favorite!)...Tri-delt social Saturday morning...then to the parade...football game...and most of all just hanging out with friends and family celebrating a great university and fun traditions! I'm so thankful that I was a Baylor Bear and have all of those amazing memories of some of the best years of my life, but it is with mixed emotions that I remember them. Most often joy as I remember friends and fun, but occasionally sadness at times that have passed.


I know these next few years will be busy for us and probably hard to travel to Waco, but I really hope that we can go back for Homecoming sometime. Lee has never experienced it, I can't wait 'til we can all go and take our families with us to introduce them to what we know as some serious Baylor traditions! Sic 'em Bears!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Such sweet memories!! Remember rollerblading through the parade together with our cowboy hats on? All those countless hours that Becky spent working so hard on our awesome float? Being Emerald Divas at Pigskin? Wait..did you and I do Pigskin or just SING that year? Uh oh, my memory is already fading! Ahh!!

Mario and Andrea Rodriguez said...

Hi Mere! I am so glad you found me and made a post! Do you mind if I add you to my frieds tab? About Homecoming - I love it, Mario didn't understand it. So hopefully Lee is more accepting to Baylor-isms. He did love the gut pack though.

Sarah W said...

Hi Mere! I love reminiscing about Baylor too! I just met a woman in my neighborhood who went to Baylor and we were just talking about Homecoming. Good times!